Senior Java Developer
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Development Lead, who is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of development services. In this role, the developer will work on customer projects so that they get delivered on time and per specifications.
- Convert functional specifications into detailed design
- Estimate work involved in developing changes
- Develop/configure/custom-build Java applications based on technical specifications
- Develop using customer’s software applications from 3rd party vendor to enhance data and to develop bank/credit card statements and notices
- conduct peer-review of code and documentation
- conduct factory and system testing
- delivery packaging, merging and build
The role requires extensive interaction with client project teams over the phone / email
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT technology discipline
- Working experience 5-6 years and above in IT Application area with strong background in software development/ maintenance
- Overall at least 8 years of working experience
- Experience in supporting online statement retrieval and experience with mission critical transaction systems would be nice to have
- Preferred candidate is someone form the banking , insurance line that has dealt with customer interface and comprehends user requirements
- Added advantage if the candidate has worked in the banking line
- Strong technical skill in Java application and SQL stored procedures development.
- Candidate must be familiar with Windows Server and Window SQL platforms.
- Good documentation skills. Familiar with software versioning tools.
- Basic knowledge of windows (events, logs etc) would be nice to have
- Understanding of configuration management (Releases, Change Implementation Plans, responsibilities and approvals, promotion through various testing stages to production, rollback plans, …)
- Understanding/overview of development, testing and deployment life cycle
- Highly motivated team player and eager to learn new application
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to delivery, flexible and worked in a multinational environment.
- Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills
- Customer focussed and understands client needs
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Good command over English (written and spoken)
Name: Jegatheesan Gunasekaran (J)
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your professional profile/resume directly to our consultant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Our consultants may contact applicants for future opportunities.