Junior Java Developer
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Development lead, who is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of development services. In this role, the developer will work on customer projects so that they get delivered on time and per specifications.
- Convert functional specifications into detailed design
- Estimate work involved in developing changes
- Develop/configure/custom-build Java applications based on technical specifications
- conduct peer-review of code and documentation
- conduct factory and system testing
- Delivery packaging, merging and build
The role requires extensive interaction with client project teams over the phone / email
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology discipline
- Working experience of up to 2-3 years in IT Application area with strong background in software development/ maintenance
- Overall experience of at least 5- 6 years
- Experience in supporting Cards and Payment solutions and experience with mission critical transaction systems would be nice to have
- Strong technical skill in Java backend application and SQL stored procedures development.
- Candidate must be familiar with Windows Server and Window SQL platforms.
- Good documentation skills. Familiar with software versioning tools.
- Basic knowledge of windows (events, logs etc) would be nice to have
- Understanding of configuration management (Releases, Change Implementation Plans, responsibilities and approvals, promotion through various testing stages to production, rollback plans, …)
- Understanding/overview of development, testing and deployment life cycle
- Highly motivated team player and eager to learn new application
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to delivery, flexible and worked in a multinational environment.
- Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills
- Customer focussed and understands client needs
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Good command over English (written and spoken)
Name: Jegatheesan Gunasekaran
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your professional profile/resume directly to our consultant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Our consultants may contact applicants for future opportunities.