Head Of Quality
Manage cross project, cross-site, cross-functional complexities, with new Quality challenges.
Anticipates potential problems and future trends, assesses opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develops and implements solutions in collaboration with GSG management team and in conjunction with peers in other locations and functions
- Responsible for the success of Quality activities across all projects for which resource is provided.
- Provides leadership to the local team to ensure objectives are clear, high performance is achieved, engagement is high and people develop.
- Works with local HR to establish hiring strategy, including recruitment criteria, in line with global Quality strategy, and implementation of that strategy to bring in good people who enhance the skills and reputation of the team.
- Local budget preparation, including people, travel, kit, and training and regular monitoring and management of that budget.
- Champions continual improvement in the quality arena, both locally and globally, so as to enhance the QA service and team efficiency and build an increasing Quality focus across GSG as a whole.
- Supports QA leads/QA Manager/QA architects to drive excellence in QA practices, scope of testing, and team management, adding value to all projects in which we participate.
- Responsible for sourcing & managing internal/external Quality resources where required to supplement project Quality resource.
- Strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders including GSG management, SPM and delivery so that their expectations and success criteria are known and driven into the Quality organisations.
- Influences across the senior leadership team to understand complex issues and to get buy-in to proposals and solutions.
- Seen as a credible leader in the Malaysia office, and in GSG, contributing to Malaysia management team and global Quality and related strategies.
- Develops brand image of the local Quality team in the wider market place.
- Member of local leadership team, driving local office action plans and ensuring local policies and market issues are managed Cross project, cross site, cross functional complexities, with new Quality challenges.
- Anticipates potential problems and future trends, assesses opportunities, impacts, and risks.
- Develops and implements solutions in collaboration with GSG management team and in
- conjunction with peers in other locations and functions.
- Works under general direction.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may
- provide supervision as required to support the development of team members.
Works under general direction. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide supervision as required to support the development of team members.
Required key skills (functional / technical):
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance and Control tools and processes and the development lifecycle to enable pragmatic decision making.
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to set stretching objectives that motivate people and drive high performance.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage own time and deliver reliably on commitments.
- Strong and compelling communicator, able to influence at all levels and manage stakeholder
- Very strong relationships with key stakeholders that facilitate good working conditions and
- Driving team to greater expertise and best practice through rotation, knowledge sharing, etc; measured via a skills matrix with development plans in place, and measurable upskilling.
- All administration, training, and HR practices implemented on time across the team.
- High engagement levels in the local team as measured in the pulse and similar surveys.
- Increasing productivity across the team per measures agreed
- Increased effectiveness of the team as measured by Defect Removal Efficiency and/or similar
- Degree level
- Certificates or proven track into the domain of knowledge
- Experience of working into cross functional teams
- Good knowledge of the QA tools and processes and the development lifecycle to enable pragmatic decision-making.
- Good knowledge of the usage of our products in the market place and by our delivery teams will be an added advantage.
- Strong and compelling communicator, able to influence at all levels and manage stakeholder expectations
Name: Jegatheesan Gunasekaran (J)
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your professional profile/resume directly to our consultant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Our consultants may contact applicants for future opportunities.